AFA CLAY PEEL
What is the AFA Clay-Peel™?
The AFA Clay Peel is the newest and most revolutionary treatment in skin care. It’s remarkably effective, available only through your medical professional.
The source of the Clay Peel’s powder lines in the patented Amino Acids(AFAs).
The AFA Clay Peel is a simple, two-step, non-surgical procedure that will immediately create smoother, softer and younger-looking skin after the first visit. Unlike other treatments, the AFA Clay Peel requires no recovery time. A series of 4-6 treatments is usually recommended.
They’re antioxidants; they’re exfoliants; they help retain moisture in your skin; and they do it all with little or no irritation.
What are AFAs?
AFAs are a new, unique, and fully patented (U.S. Patent #6197317 and 6703030) Cosmeceutical. In fact, AFAs, we believe, are the first cosmeceutical to be patented in this millennium. AFAs are based on the same natural acidic amino acids that serve to retain moisture in human skin. They are also potent antioxidants an extremely helpful against photo pigmentation. They are remarkably free of irritation at effective pH levels.
AFA Clay Peels are the first cosmeceutical ever to utilize these valuable acidic amino acids as part of a skin care regimen. Independent Board Certified Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons have clinically tested AFAs for over three years and there have been no adverse incidences reported as a result of their use.
“AFA’ is an acronym for Amino acid Filaggrin based Antioxidants. Filaggrin is a protein that occurs in the upper layer of the skin, the responsible for the skin’s ability to retain moisture. They are also the same amino acids used to produce AFA Clay Peels.
AFAs Have 7 Unique Advantages as Topical Anti-Aging Cosmeceuticals:
1. AFAs promote greater moisture retention in human skin
2. AFAs have 3 fold greater antioxidant potency than AHAs
3. AFAs are very effective exfoliants
4. Patients notice visible improvement quickly (often within a few days)
5. AFAs are more powerful against photo-pigmentation
6. AFAs have little irritation when compared to AHAs
7. AFAs are not photosensitizing
• AFAs are amino acid based skin care.
• AFA is an acronym for amino acid filaggrin-based antioxidants.
• AFAs are based on the same amino acids that are recognized as an integral part of the natural moisture system of human skin.
• AFA act as exfoliants and antioxidants with significantly reduced irritation.
• AFAs supplement the natural moisture system, so patients experience far less dryness.
• AFAs significantly improve the appearance of fine lines, and skin texture.
• AFAs provide outstanding results on photo-pigmentation or aged spots.
• The program includes in office treatments and products for patient home use.
• Two US patents have been issued based on the uniqueness of the formulas and the powerful antioxidant abilities of the AFAs.
• AFAs unique formulation allows the peels and products to be used in tandem with other cosmetic procedures, including IPLs and other laser procedures.
• AFAs are only available in Canada through medical professionals and are sold in over 25 countries.
AFAs Are Effective Exfoliants
AFAs are very effective exfoliants because they are able to combine a low pH with a small molecular size. The pH of our AFA Gels is below 2.0 and the molecular weight of AFAs under 100. This is a small enough molecule to penetrate into the skin and a low enough pH to be an effective kerolytic.
The Visible Effects of AFAs Occur Quickly
It is not unusual to hear someone say, “Patients have no patience”. Patients want quick, if not immediate, results. AFAs offer exactly that to your patients. Patients will often notice an improvement in their skin within the first few days to a week. This is likely due to the immediate increase in moisture retention of the skin. This immediate improvement helps motivate the patient to stick with the program long enough to address more significant issues like photo pigmentation. Clinical reports indicate that photo pigmentation also improves more quickly than with other cosmeceuticals, perhaps due to the combined effect of potent anti-oxidation and exfoliation.
AFAs Are Potent Antioxidants
AHAs are generally viewed as exfoliants, although they have some antioxidant qualities due to single carboxyl group that is part of their molecular structure. The carboxyl group has the positively charged hydrogen ion that has the ability to combine with the singlet oxygen that is responsible for the damaging oxidation of the skin. AFAs are Tri-carboxylic’s; they have three carboxyl groups rather than the single group of the AHAs, and thus have three fold the anti-oxidant qualities. We feel that this may account for the dramatically enhanced anti-oxidative effects of AFAs compared to other cosmeceuticals.
AFAs Are Not Photo-Sensitizing
No instance of photosensitization has been reported as a result of the use of AFAs. This may be due to the fact that some of the degradation bi-products of acidic amino acids in the skin, such as Urocanic Acid have long been recognized to be “Natural UV filters”.
In summary, AFAs represent an entirely new and uniquely effective cosmeceutical. AFAs are represented at the high end of the cosmeceutical market, not necessarily a replacement for the workhorse cosmeceuticals your patients may have been using, but “a step up”. With respect to moisture retention, decrease in photo-pigmentation, anti-oxidative effect, immediate results, low irritancy, and patient acceptance, AFAs certainly are a “step up” for your patients.